We have collected strong women quotes to inspire women everywhere. Here are some inspirational quotes for women by some of the strongest women in history that the positive virtues of these women make the world a better place.
1. “A strong woman stands up for herself. A stronger woman stands up for everyone else.”
2. “She was a wild one; always stomping on eggshells that everyone else tip-toed on.” – Kaitlin Foster
3. “If I ever let my head down, it will be just to admire my shoes.”
4. “You must know that you can do this. You are strong. You will make it. Just hang on and keep believing in yourself, always.”
5. “My mother always told me, “Hide your face, people are looking at you.” I would reply, “It does not matter; I am also looking at them.””
6. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” – Rosa Parks
7. “A strong woman accepts both compliments & criticism graciously, knowing that it takes both sun & rain for a flower to grow.”
8. “She is water. Strong enough to drown you, soft enough to cleanse you, and deep enough to save you.”
9. “A strong woman loves, forgives, walks away, lets go, tries again, and perseveres … no matter what life throws at her.”
10. “You only live once, you might as well be a badass.”
11. “When she laughed she was beautiful, when she cried she was beautiful, but, when she was determined she was sexy as hell.” – Matt Baker
12. “Be that strong girl that everyone knew would make it through the worst. Be that fearless girl the one would dare to do anything. Be that independent girl, who doesn’t need a man. Be that girl who never backed down.”
13. “Life has knocked me down a few times, it showed me things I never wanted to see. I experienced sadness and failures. But one thing for sure, I always get up.”
14. “A strong woman is one who is able to smile this morning like she wasn’t crying last night.”
15. “The world needs strong women. Women who will lift and build others, who will love and be loved. Women who live bravely, both tender and fierce. Women of indomitable will.”
16. “I like to play a strong woman, but a strong woman can also be very fragile and vulnerable at the same time.” – Carice van Houten
17. “And one day she discovered that she was fierce, and strong, and full of fire, and that not even she could hold herself back because her passion burned brighter than her fears.” – Mark Anthony
18. “I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.” – Oprah Winfrey
19. “The strongest actions for a woman is to love herself, be herself and shine amongst those who never believed she could.”
20. “And the salt in my wounds isn’t burning anymore than it used to. It’s not that I don’t feel the pain, it’s just I’m not afraid of hurting anymore.”
21. “Be a strong woman. So your daughter will have a role model and your son will know what to look for in a woman when he’s a man.”
22. “Each time a woman stands up for herself, she stands up for all women.”
23. “You don’t have to play masculine to be a strong woman.” – Mary Elizabeth Winstead
24. “As for my girls, I’ll raise them to think they breathe fire. ” – Jessica Kirkland
25. “Nothing is more impressive than a person who is secure in the unique way God made her.”
26. “A weak man can’t love a strong woman. He won’t know what to do with her.”
27. “A wise woman once said, ‘f**k this sh*t’ and she lived happily ever after.”
28. “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and, above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” – Marie Curie
29. “Strong women aren’t simply born. We are forged through the challenges of life. With each challenge we grow mentally and emotionally. We move forward with our head held high and a strength that can not be denied. A woman who’s been through the storm and survived. We are warriors.”
30. “At 70 years old, if I could give my younger self one piece of advice, It would be to use the phrase ‘f*** off’ much more frequently.” – Helen Mirren
31. “Doubt is a killer. You just have to know who you are and what you stand for.” – Jennifer Lopez
32. “Women are like teabags. We don’t know our true strength until we are in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
33. “So many strong women start are broken girls.”
34. “The question isn’t who’s going t let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
35. “She’s a simple woman, made to look complicated by a man who isn’t man enough to provide the things she deserves.”
36. “Never apologize for being a powerful woman.”
37. “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.” – Diane Mariechild
38. “Girls should never be afraid to be smart.” – Emma Watson
39. “Most people who meet my wife quickly conclude that she is remarkable. They are right about this. She is smart, funny and thoroughly charming. Often, after hearing her speak at some function or working with her on a project, people will approach me and say something to the effect of, you know, I think the world of you, Barack, but your wife, wow!”
40. “A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done.” – Marge Piercy
41. “Take criticism seriously, but not personally. If there is truth or merit in the criticism, try to learn from it. Otherwise, let it roll right off you.” – Hillary Clinton
42. “Women have been trained to speak softly and carry a lipstick. Those days are over.”
43. “I will not be any man’s half-time, down tme, spare time or sometimes. So don’t waste my time.”
44. “I’m lucky my wife is a strong woman. She’s one of the stronger people I’ve ever met. It’s hard for me to be away, but I know my home life is fine because my wife is there.” – Darius Rucker
45. “Damaged women are the most dangerous kind, because they already know they can survive.”
46. “If my strength intimidates you, I hope you realize that’s a weakness of yours.”
47. “Be strong enough to stand alone, smart enough to know when you need help, and brave enough to ask for it.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
48. “Forgive those who insult you, attack you, belittle you or take you for granted. But more than this, forgive yourself for allowing them to hurt you.”
49. “I think women are foolish to pretend they are equal to men, the are far superior and always have been.”
50. “Everyone has inside of her a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be, how much you can love, what you can accomplish, and what your potential is.” – Anne Frank
51. “I am a strong woman with or without this other person, with or without this job, and with or without these tight pants.”
52. “I am a strong woman. Everything that’s hit me in life I’ve dealt with on my own. I’ve cried myself to sleep. Picked myself back up and wiped my own tears. I have grown from things meant to break me. I get stronger by the day and I have God to thank for that.”
53. “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”
54. “I am not someone who can be controlled. I want someone who will watch me do my thing and be like, ‘that’s my girl’.”
55. “She was fierce. She was simple. She was crazy and always had something to say. She had flaws, but when she was down she got right back up. She was a beast in her own way but one word described her best… Strong!”
56. “I do a thing called what I want.”
57. “A strong man can handle a strong woman. A weak man will say she has attitude.”
58. “Strong women need not declare they can carry all the burdens in life. They just quietly do it and survive with a smile.”
59. “She has been through hell. So believe me when I say, fear her when she looks into the fire and smiles.”
60. “Mother Teresa didn’t walk around complaining about her thighs – she had sh*t to do.”
61. “A strong woman knows how to keep her life in line. With tears in her eyes, she still manages to say, “Nah, I’m fine.””
62. “I believe in me.”
63. “A really strong woman accepts the war she went through and is ennobled by her scars.” – Carly Simon
64. “Stay strong. Make them wonder how you’re still smiling.”
65. “Sometimes, it takes balls to be a woman.”
66. “Sometimes I wake up and think I look horrible. And sometimes I see a strong woman.” – Irina Shayk
67. “A strong woman knows she has strength enough for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey where she will become strong.”
68. “A strong woman looks a challenge dead in the eye and gives it a wink.”
69. “You can tell who the strong women are. They are the ones you see building one another up instead of tearing each other down.”
70. “The girls who were unanimously considered beautiful often rested on their beauty alone. I felt I had to do things, to be intelligent and develop a personality in order to be seen as attractive. By the time I realized maybe I wasn’t plain and might even possibly be pretty, I had already trained myself to be a little more interesting and informed.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
71. “One of the most beautiful sounds that I have ever heard is the sound of a beautiful, strong woman’s voice once she has discovered her true worth. She sounds empowered … She sounds confident … but most of all … she sounds free.”
72. “There’s fire in her. If loved correctly she will warm your entire home. If abused she will burn it down.”
73. “Some women choose to follow men, and some choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that you career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore.” – Lady Gaga
74. “Sometimes an angel, sometimes a hell raiser, always a strong woman.”
75. “Strong women don’t have ‘attitudes’, we have standards.”
76. “And to all of the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.” – Hillary Clinton
77. “You can become strong and powerful and beautiful.”
78. “I’ve often thought it unfair that women are expected to stay at home when there’s a fight to be won. If a woman has the strength to bear a child, she can swing a sword as well as any man.” – Karen Hawkins
79. “Once you figure out what respect tastes like, it tastes better than attention.” – Pink
80. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
81. “The funny thing about a strong woman is that she doesn’t need you – she wants you and if you start slacking she’ll be content without you.”
82. “When you are a strong woman, you will attract trouble. When a man feels threatened, there is always trouble.” – Barbara Taylor Bradford
83. “I’m tough, ambitious and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, Okay.” – Madonna
84. “We need women at all levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women’s voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored.” – Sheryl Sandberg
85. “Beneath every strong, independent woman lies a broken little girl who had to learn how to get back up and to never depend on anyone.”
86. “Little girls with dreams become women with vision.”
87. “Women are leaders everywhere you look—from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women, and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes.” – Nancy Pelosi
88. “You’re gonna be happy” said life, “but first I’ll make you strong.”
89. “Figure out who are you separate from your family, and the man or woman you’re in a relationship with. Find who you are in this world and what you need to feel good alone. I think that’s the most important thing in life. Find a sense of self. With that, you can do anything else.” – Angelina Jolie
90. “The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before.” – Albert Einstein
91. “Nothing cam dim the light that shines from within.”
92. “The day will come when men will recognize woman as his peer, not only at the fireside, but in councils of the nation. Then, and not until then, will there be the perfect comradeship, the ideal union between the sexes that shall result in the highest development of the race.” – Susan B. Anthony
93. “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles.” – Audrey Hepburn
94. “She needed a hero. So that’s what she became.”
95. “People think of latina women as being fiery and fierce, which is usually true. But I think the quality that so many latinas possess is strength.”
96. “I am not a difficult woman at all. I am simply a strong woman and know my worth.”
97. “She’s a bada** with a good heart, soft but strong. Unapologetic and honest. She’s the type of woman you go to war beside, the type of woman you marry.”
98. “She is clothed in strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.”
99. “She’s a strong cup of black coffee in a world that is drunk on the cheap wine of shallow love.”
100. “I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all.” – Coco Chanel
101. “I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind learning.” – Amy Poehler
102. “I know what I bring to the table. So trust me when I say I’m not afraid to eat alone.”
103. “The woman who doesn’t require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.” – Mohadesa Najumi
104. “Mirror, mirror on the wall, I’ll always get up after I fall. And whether I run, walk or have to crawl, I’ll set my goals and achieve them all.”
105. “A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.” – Melinda Gates
106. “We teach girls to shrink themselves, to make themselves smaller. We say to girls: ‘You can have ambition, but not too much. You should aim to be successful, but not too successful. Otherwise, you will threaten the man.’ Because I am female, I am expected to aspire to marriage. I am expected to make my life choices, always keeping in mind that marriage is the most important. Now, marriage can be a source of joy and love and mutual support, but why do we teach girls to aspire to marriage and we don’t teach boys the same?” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
107. “Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, “She doesn’t have what it takes.” They will say, “Women don’t have what it takes.” – Clare Boothe Luce
108. “I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish that He didn’t trust me so much.” – Mother Teresa
109. “I am a strong woman. I don’t sit around feeling sorry for myself, nor let people mistreat me. I don’t respond to people who dictate to me or try to bring me down. If I fall I will rise up even stronger because I am survivor and not a victim. I am in control of my life and there is nothing I can’t achieve.”
110. “I’m not someone who can be controlled. I want someone who will watch me do my thing and be like “that’s my girl”
111. “One of the most courageous things you can do is identify yourself, know who you are, what you believe in and where you want to go.” – Sheila Murray Bethel
112. “I figure, if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one.”
113. “Life will test you but remember this, when you walk up a mountain you legs get stronger.”
114. “Women have to work much harder to make it in this world. It really pisses me off that women don’t get the same opportunities as men do, or money for that matter. Because lets face it, money gives men the power to run the show. It gives men the power to define our values and to define what’s sexy and what’s feminine and that’s bullshit. At the end of the day, it’s not about equal rights, it’s about how we think. We have to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves.”
115. “Strong women don’t play the victim. Don’t make themselves look pitiful and don’t point fingers. They stand and they deal.” – Mandy Hale
116. “Of course I am not worried about intimidating men, The type of man show will be intimidated by me is exactly the type of man I have no interest in.”
117. “Dear woman, Sometimes you’ll just be too much woman. Too smart, Too beautiful, Too strong, Too much of something that makes a man feel like less of a man, which will start making you feel like you have to be less of a woman. The biggest mistake that you can make is removing jewels from your own crown to make it easier for a man to carry. When this happens, I need you to understand, You do not need a smaller crown, You need a man with bigger hands.”
118. “She’s badass with a good heart, soft but strong. Unapologetic and honest. She’s the type of women you go to war beside, the type of woman you marry.”
119. “I am f***ing gold, but you prefer silver, and that’s OK.”
120. “The thing women have got to learn is that nobody give you power, you just take it.”
121. “A queen will always turn pain into power.”
122. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou
123. “Let’s be clear, I’m a strong woman.” – Bethenny Frankel
124. “If you live for people’s acceptance, you’ll die from their rejections.” – Lecrae
125. “Women are never stronger than when they arm themselves with their weaknesses.” – Madame Marie du Deffand
126. “I am a strong woman because a strong woman raised me.”
127. “Some women fear the fire, some simply become it …”
128. “She was powerful not because she wasn’t scared but because she went on so strongly, despite the fear.” – Atticus
129. “A strong woman understands that the gifts such as logic, decisiveness, and strength are just as feminine as intuition and emotional connection. She values and uses all of her gifts.” – Nancy Rathburn
130. “Instead of looking at the past, I put myself ahead twenty years and try to look at what I need to do now in order to get there then.”
131. “Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.” – Helen Keller
132. “Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.”
133. “Some women are lost in the fire. Some women are built from it.”
134. “A strong woman is one who feels deeply and loves fiercely. Her tears flow as abundantly as her laughter. A strong woman is both soft and powerful, she is both practical and spiritual. A strong woman in her essence is a gift to the world.”
135. “Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.” – Charlotte Whitton
136. “We need women who are so strong they can be gentle, so educated they can be humble, so fierce they can be compassionate, so passionate they can be rational, and so disciplined they can be free.” – Kavita Ramdas
137. “Be a first-rate version of yourself, not a second-rate version of someone else.”
138. “I am proud of the woman I am today, because I went through one hell of a time becoming her.”
139. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.”
140. “Woman is the dominant sex. Men have to do all sorts of stuff to prove they are worthy of a woman’s attention.” – Camille Pagla
141. “The best women are the hardest to deal with because they know their worth.”
142. “She wore her scars as her best attire. A stunning dress made of hellfire.”
143. “Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says “Oh crap, she’s up!”
144. “A strong willed little girl will grow to be a strong independent woman.”
145. “Strong women are often misperceived as cold and mean simply because they refuse to be disrespected, mistreated or taken for granted.”
146. “If I was meant to be controlled, I would have come with a remote.”
147. “A strong woman will automatically stop trying if she feels unwanted. She won’t fix it or beg, she’ll just walk away.”
148. “A strong woman builds her own world. She is one who is wise enough to know that it will attract the man she will gladly share it with.”
149. “Strong women wear their pain like they do stilettos. No matter how much it hurts, all you see is the beauty of it.”
150. “I’m proud of the woman I am today because I went through one hell of a time becoming her.”
151. “Strong women; Strong world.”
152. “I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible and when I leave, you will finally understand, why storms are named after people.”
153. “Life is tough, my darling, but so are you.” – Stephanie Bennett-Henry
154. “You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.” – Rosalynn Carter
155. “Feminism isn’t about making women stronger. Women are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength.”
156. “I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story – I will.” – Amy Schumer
157. “Take care of yourself now that you’re old enough to know how. Drink water, sleep eight hours (I wish), and don’t go within 400 feet of a tanning booth or I’ll slap you. Hard.” – Olivia Wilde
158. “Strong enough to bear the children then get back to business.”
159. “When men are oppressed, it’s a tragedy. When women are oppressed, it’s tradition.”
40 Traits of A Strong Woman
Some strong women are strong because they have to be.
Being a woman isn’t for the faint of heart, that’s for sure.
A strong woman knows how much she’s worth.
Strong women don’t even consider your approval.
A strong woman doesn’t need anyone’s approval.
Strong women build each other up.
Strong women make the best role models.
Strong women aren’t afraid to tell it like it is.
A strong woman always gives it her all without apology.
Strong women know that becoming active is a journey worth being proud of.
Strong women should be feared, for they can do anything.
Strong women turn a negative into a positive.
A strong woman can’t be controlled.
Strong women speak their minds and write their own stories.
A strong woman doesn’t need a man, especially a weak one.
A strong woman won’t accept anything that doesn’t aid in her personal growth and happiness.
Strong women demand freedom.
Strong women are on fire.
Strong women aren’t afraid to be smart.
A strong woman is a perfect storm.
Strong women need partners in life, not controlling men.
Strong women never make themselves less for a man.
Strong women know that it’s not in the destination, it’s in the journey.
A strong woman doesn’t take any guff from anybody.
Strong women don’t let their flaws get them down.
Strong women don’t accept sexist crap.
A strong woman realizes she can’t be strong all the time but always gets back up after a fall.
Strong women aren’t born, they’re made.
A strong woman is 100% herself, 100% of the time.
A strong woman never gives up.
A strong woman is her hero.
A strong and determined woman is sexy.
A strong woman can get a little smug at times.
A strong woman knows that not everyone is going to like her, and that’s OK.
Strong women encourage the growth of other strong women.
Strong women tend to travel in packs of strong fellow women.
A strong woman doesn’t need your approval. She does what she wants.
A strong woman can only be with an equally strong man.
Strong women know what feminism is all about.
A strong woman knows her worth in spite of rejection.